Add Comment

FORMATTING HELP

All Comments Hide marked as read Mark all as read

  • Posted by $ Abaco 1 week, 2 days ago
    Yeah? Reminded me of when I watched a video of Lee Greedwood's song "God Bless the USA" recently and my son asked me why I had tears in my eyes. That song brings me back a couple decades or more when I really thought America had a bright future and real freedom and liberty. When I first heard the song I think I was in my mid-20s. I got my pilots license at 20 and was flying all over California every chance I got. I'd drop in at air shows all over and that song was the soundtrack to Julie Clark's air show routine in her beautiful T-34. I'd watch that routine and feel like I was in the best place in the world. Now: I see news headlines this morning about anti-vaxxers in private Florida school. What the hell happened to America in the last few decades? We are turning into the citizens in Orwell's 1984.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
    • Posted by 1 week, 1 day ago
      You are so right! 'God Bless the USA' brings tears to my eyes too. Why can't people recall their history? George Washington dedicated this country to God, not the Communists, Socialists or whatever they want to call themselves.
      Reply | Mark as read | Parent | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by 1 week, 3 days ago
    I played the French Horn and I was put in the high school band when I was in the 6th grade. Stayed there through graduation but I turned down a music scholarship to the U. of Texas. Didn't fit my plans Daddy said I couldn't go to that party school He wanted me to go to Rice U. I explained to him 98% of the women in Texas were beautiful and the other 2% went to Rice. I didn't.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  

FORMATTING HELP

  • Comment hidden. Undo