Bill Maher: Being Fat Is Bad For America

Posted by  $  Harakhti 2 weeks, 1 day ago to Video
18 comments | Share | Flag

I don't watch Bill Maher but when I heard about this, I watched the video. The guys makes every point that he makes as cogent as possible.

SOURCE URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4TAdiEFn0


Add Comment

FORMATTING HELP

All Comments Hide marked as read Mark all as read

  • Posted by  $  AJAshinoff 1 week, 4 days ago
    Maher is an ass, a crude, repulsive canker sore whose voice is as obnoxious as his face.

    Even a broken, non-digital, clock is right twice a day.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
    • Posted by term2 1 week, 3 days ago
      he was right in his assessment of religion, though. Nothing else is he remotely right on. He did hate hillary clinton, but for the wrong reasons (he supported NoBama)
      Reply | Mark as read | Parent | Best of... | Permalink  
    • Posted by  $  brightwriter 1 week, 3 days ago
      A stopped (old-fashioned) clock is right twice a day. A clock that runs backwards is right four times a day. The vast majority of ideas that we encounter need to be thrown in the trash bin, but more good ideas come from those who try than from those who don't.
      Reply | Mark as read | Parent | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by Russpilot 1 week, 3 days ago
    Wouldn't urinate on this POS if he was on fire on the sidewalk in front of me. Damn sure won't add to his youtube hits by watching a video of him. Don't care what he said, don't have any interest in listening.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by  $  exceller 2 weeks ago
    I did not watch the video.

    It is a promise I made to myself when after 911 Maher announced, in full view of a country bleeding from terror, that those who committed the attacks on the Towers were the real heros.

    He was fired for that but resurrected as all communists do, unless they are killed on the spot which is the right treatment for them. Just take Europe as an example: all communists there doing major damage just like during the era of the Soviets.

    Having said that, Maher is apparently making a spectacular living on his chutzpah thanks to being an extreme pusher of the MSM agenda.

    Apparently he has run out of anti-Trump "news" so he is trying health.

    Still collecting his multi million dollar fee.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by  $  puzzlelady 1 week, 2 days ago
    Well, that was unpleasant, deliberately formulated for shock effect. It would have been fair to include the purveyors of such foods and not put all the blame on the eaters.

    Some bloat also derives from medications most people are required to take for various afflictions. Few people have to work physically hard enough to justify the volume of food they consume. Farm hands need more than paper pushers.

    How many generations were habituated to hours of TV watching (Facebook surfing) a day, sitting idly and snacking continuously? Lifeforms work only as hard as is minimally necessary to feed themselves. A standard of living is often equated with more food being available than necessary. So who are the fattest people? Not the rich.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by LibertyBelle 1 week, 3 days ago
    For many of the world's population, the problem is not eating too much food, but not being able to get enough.(That is, in foreign countries.)
    There used to be a doctor's talk show on the radio, conducted by Dr. Dean Edell, and he made some remarks about weight; he indicated that "overweight"(not "obese") individuals were actually healthier than skinny people.
    ( I myself am not particularly worried about my weight. Once when I went to get an exam, I was told I needed to gain weight.)
    I also do not see why it was necessary for him to throw obscenity into his presentation.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by CaptainKirk 1 week, 3 days ago
    I watched it.
    I agree with him sometimes.

    Definitely agree here.

    We need FAT SHAMING. Despite my being attacked over it. We cannot let people think this is okay. As a country WE ALL SHARE in the costs this has.

    It's killing us, and zapping us of our will to fight.

    Right now, I think 30% of the country would kill the other 70% just for a lifetime of Free Krispy Kreme donuts and not having to work!
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  
  • Posted by  $  Radio_Randy 1 week, 3 days ago
    I watched the video and enjoyed (and agree with) it.

    Regardless of the spokesperson, the video made a lot of sense. I don't care for the political stands of most actors and singers...but I haven't watching movies and listening to music.
    Reply | Mark as read | Best of... | Permalink  

FORMATTING HELP

  • Comment hidden. Undo